Registered Nurse Wound and Ostomy Care PRN
Assesses needs of patients as assigned based on data collected through history, observation, physical examination and
analysis of diagnostic data.
2. Plans individualized nursing care to meet the holistic age specific needs of patients.
3. Provides appropriate nursing interventions, consistent with the Plan of Care and standards of practice, incorporating the
Physician’s prescribed medical plans of care.
4. Using service excellence standards, conducts Hourly Rounds.
5. Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for all patients, families and visitors.
6. Utilizes appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff.
7. Utilizes standard work in caring for central lines, foley catheters, pressure ulcers, ventilators (if applicable to unit),
restraints and patients at risk for falls.
8. Contributes to the daily efficient performance of the department, as charge nurse when assigned (Advances
Resuscitative Certification appropriate to their patient population if serving in a Charge Nurse or PCS position).
9. Contributes to the overall performance of the department through the precepting of novice employees.
10. Contributes to the department grown and performance through hospital-system initiatives cultivating nursing involved
Evidence Based Practices.
11. Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in educational offerings.
12. Performs all other duties as assigned.
· Minimum of 1 year of related nursing work experience.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
· Active Registered Nursing License verified by the LLR
· BLS (Required for ALL nurses), Advanced Resuscitative Certification appropriate to their patient population if
serving in a Charge Nurse or PCS position
Florence, SC, United States