Registration Representative Weekends (Part Time)
Essential Job Responsibilities/Expectations
- Job responsibilities include those listed in competency document.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Personally interviews patients or responsible party to obtain personal, demographic, insurance, and medical information prior to services being performed by medical professionals.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of compliance and medical necessity validation.
- Exhibits the ability to deal with periods of stress, knowledge of medical terminology, and enters information accurately into the Patient Management System
- Maintains or exceeds 97% accuracy rate on quality checks
- Attends to patients, families and visitors needs while waiting for any registration process.
- Collects deposits, coinsurance, deductibles and APC co-payments or makes satisfactory payment arrangements.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Medical terminology
- Computer experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Hospital billing procedures
- HS diploma preferred /GED from an accredited school
Physical Requirements: Refer to Occupational Risk Assessment
Department Description- Collection/ verification of patient demographic and insurance data for reimbursement purposes. Collection of pre-payment for hospital services rendered. Experience Required: Knowledge of hospital terminology, hospital billing procedures, computer experience required and excellent interpersonal skills.
Florence, SC, United States