Respiratory Therapist – Registered (Cheraw, SC)
Registered Respiratory Therapist (80 hours biweekly/12 hours shifts)
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Performs direct patient care and the provision of Respiratory Care and Hyperbaric Medicine (for those special trained) procedures in all areas within the facility.
- Performs all procedures according to policy & procedure. Organizes workload to ensure therapy is completed as proscribed.
- Participates in all aspects of RC educational activities & departmental meetings.
- Documents & maintains records, charts and reports in a timely manner & documents appropriately.
- Responds to Code Blue & Rapid Response alerts in timely manner & documents appropriately.
- Exercises sound clinical judgement & assessment skills to provide appropriate provision of patient care & monitoring & communication of information to other caregivers.
- Evaluates patient care & makes recommendations when needed.
- Special trained – Performs Pulmonary Functions, Methacholine Challenges, Hyperbaric Medicine, NICU care, PICU care and Asthma Education.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Zero to less than 1 year of experience in Respiratory Care
- Participation in the National Board for Respiratory Care’s (NBRC) Continuing Competency Program to maintain credential if received credential after July 1, 2002
Work Schedule: Full-time Day Shift
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Respiratory Care from an accredited school
- Registered, or Certified, Respiratory Therapist license
- Respiratory Care Practitioner by the SC Board of Medical Examiners
- ACLS Certification (ACLS certification must be completed within 3 months of hire and/or graduation date for adult care therapists)
- BLS certification
- PALS and NRP certification (Children’s Hospital therapist) Children’s Hospital therapists must complete PALS and NRP within 6 months of hire or transfer date
$10,000 Sign On Bonus available
Cheraw, SC, United States