RN Care Manager for Healthier You (FT) – McLeod Seacoast/Loris
Little River, SC
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Responsible for managing targeted populations to achieve efficient and effective care delivery.
- Shall be responsible for implementing safe, appropriate, effective and efficient: (b) care coordination activities;(d) identification, enrollment and linkage for high risk patients
- (c) total cost of care initiatives; and
- (a) utilization management processes;
- Ensures continuity of care through evidenced based methods, including, but not limited to, medication reconciliation, self-management plan, engagement of family and care givers, education and referrals.
- Creates population-based management strategies and processes (based on a solid understanding of care management, including disease management and preventive care) that help patients manage their healthcare needs and foster care quality, cost-effectiveness, and patient engagement.
- Works with interdisciplinary team to develop care plan and address gaps in care.
- Works closely with patient to understand disease specific related issues or interpret health risk assessment information to ensure patient meets or exceeds goals.
- Proactively anticipates and coordinates care services across multiple providers and care settings, provides comprehensive self-management and health education for targeted member populations
- Promotes and facilitates improved clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction, as well as efficient use of resources in order to obtain optimum value for both the patient and reimbursement.
- Performs complete assessment of patient’s current health status and available resources, including barriers which may hinder patient’s ability to achieve optimal health.
- Establishes collaborative partnerships with patients to assist them in examining patterns of health care needs, decisions, lifestyle choices, and utilization of resources that affect their health.
- Responsible for ensuring patient goals are achieved within specified time period based upon individual needs, reasonable expectations and documented outcomes.
- Demonstrates expertise in care management and serves as a resource to the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Integrates knowledge of external and internal regulatory requirements into the review and management of cases.
- Functions as the patient’s consistent point of contact, serving as a bridge across the care continuum, actively collaborating across multiple disciplines to create aligned processes for transitions of care.
- Responsible for providing both clinical patient education and health education.
- Ability to provide case management and care coordination to various populations across the system.
- Engages in quality improvement activities.
Three years of total nursing experience required with a minimum of one year in care coordination/case management required
Education/Licenses and/or Registrations/Certifications:
Required: Associates degree in Nursing required.
Current unrestricted nursing license required.
Little River, SC, United States