Robotics Program Coordinator -Surgical Technologist (FT) – Seacoast
Little River, SC
Sign on Bonus Available!! Located near beautiful North Myrtle Beach!
- Develops strategies, plans and executes processes to increase quality, safety and operational excellence in alignment with the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Assists in providing technical, clinical, and administrative leadership in the care of robotics surgery patients. This includes assisting in general management of the robotics service line to ensure effective processing of patients, ordering of any equipment and supply needs and maintenance of PAR levels.
- Assists in development and maintenance of policies, protocols and data collection related to robotics surgery.
- Promotes growth of the DaVinci program; maintains clinical competencies in robotics for the team and helps drive new process and procedure with the DaVinci Surgical system.
- Serves as a model in the role of educator, facilitator, change agent, mentor and leader to promote the professional growth of peers on the program.
- Develops and participates in process improvement activities with leadership within scope of the robotics program.
- Acts as intradepartmental liaison between patients, family, physicians, leadership, staff and professional industry representatives.
- Collaborates with department educator to provide education, training and in-services on robotics program.
- Acts as a scrub or surgical first assistant at the patient bedside for surgical procedures.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with McLeod Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Controls the flow of the Robotics Service Line – facilitating patient care in a timely manner, monitoring room status, assigning staff, scheduling breaks / lunches.
- Coordinates Robotics Operating Room schedule in accordance with the needs of the patient, department and physician with regard to the integration of robotics services into our overall division operations.
- Assesses schedule in advance to fill available robotic procedure time with cases.
- Surgical Tech certification required with NBSTSA
- Minimum (3) year of experience in Operating Room Acute Care setting required.
- Advanced certifications, training, or leadership experience preferred. (CNOR, CSTFA, etc.)
- Ability to work with interdepartmental teams, industry reps, staff and physicians in a collegial, business-like manner.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to collaborate, think critically and make decisive judgement with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in stressful environments and take appropriate action when needed.
- Minimum of two-year associate degree in surgical technology
- BLS and ACLS Certification required
Little River, SC, United States