Secretary II – Children’s Hospital/PICU
JOB SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general supervision, performs secretarial and administrative duties such as composing and typing correspondence, answering the telephone and greeting visitors, scheduling appointments, and maintaining department files. Maintains and procures department supplies. Supporting the role of one or more departmental directors. The Secretary II is not responsible for supervision of other workers.
- Job responsibilities include those listed in the competency document.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth to oneself and the department.
- Maintains and organizes inventory of supplies.
- Recognizes potential or real problems as they arise, presents workable solutions, and participates in their implementation as a contributing member of the healthcare team.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion and respect for all patients, families and visitors.
- No patient contact.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and carry up to 25 pounds occasionally, will involve some stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling, pushing and pulling with frequent standing and walking; requires manual dexterity with ability to perceive size, shape, temperature or texture; auditory and visual required with attention to verbal abilities and color discrimination.
- Demonstrates competency in, but not limited to, the following on the Ped’s/Children’s Hospital Unit (refer to McLeod Health Organizational Learning Secretary Competency Checklist):
- Assigned Access Control Applications
- Emergency Management
- Infection Control/Precautions
Education: Minimum of a High school diploma / GED equivalent from an accredited school
Qualifications/Training: Minimum of one year secretarial experience
Full time status: 80 hours biweekly. Monday – Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Florence, SC, United States