Social Worker – Home Health (PRN) – Horry County
Little River, SC
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- The Medical Social Work Assistant is responsible for providing medical social services in accordance with the physician’s written orders. The worker interacts daily with patients, family members and agency personnel and on a regular basis with physicians.
- Supervised by Social Work Manager and precepting new staff when appropriate.
- Directly accountable to the Social Work Manager. Functions within agency and unit policies and procedures. Manages own time productively and independently and complies with attendance and reporting requirements.
- Must be knowledgeable of state social work laws, the Conditions of Participation of the Federal Health Insurance Program for the Aged and Disable (Title XVIII, Social Security Act, Section 1861), and the regulations relating to Conditions of Participation for Home Health Agencies (Part 405, Section 1201-1243), JCAHO, and all other pertinent regulatory needs. Must be knowledgeable about conflict resolution techniques and customer relations. Must have understanding of all agency services and referral systems. Must possess knowledge of community resources available to client base.
- Demonstrates expertise in communication and interpersonal relationships. Must possess excellent writing skills. Must be able to use computer. Must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be highly adaptable and have the ability to exercise a high degree of initiative and judgement in carrying out work assignments. Must have excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- In the office minimal. Must use own car when company transportation is not available for travel to remote sites, often in rural, isolated areas. Must be able to handle potential problems related to safety issues for staff and patients in all settings.
- Must be familiar with principles of growth and development over the life span and the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpretation of information needed for each patient’s requirements relative to his/her age specific needs to provide the care needed.
- High degree of maturity, self-motivation, creativity, initiative and independent judgement required.
- Must have responsible, ethical, self-initiating professional behavior. Effective interpersonal skills, empathy and ability to listen and plan with staff/patients/customers/physicians are essential characteristics. Must be able to efficiently communicate with a diverse population. Self-awareness and self-evaluation are important characteristics as are accuracy in collecting data, completion of records and follow-up.
- Works closely with other staff, students and other external agencies and groups.
- Adheres to department dress code. Presents a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance.
- At least one year experience in social work preferably in home health, but must be in allied health care.
- BS or BA Degree from an accredited social work program
- Must possess a current valid South Carolina driver’s license and automobile insurance as required by law. Must be at least 21 years old to be covered under McLeod Health’s fleet vehicle insurance policy. Must meet McLeod Health policy for driving eligibility. License and registration as required by state law.
- Social Work License, BLS Certification.
Little River, SC, United States