Social Worker II – Cancer Clinic Financial
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co- workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Provides psychosocial services to patients, families, and caregivers facing the impact of a cancer diagnosis and treatment through all phases of the cancer continuum of care.
- Facilitates adjustments of patients and families to a cancer diagnosis, treatment and survivorship by promoting coping skills, self-advocacy, sharing information and resource referrals.
- Operates from a self-help perspective to maximize optimal patient functioning, navigating health care resources to reduce distress and improve survivorship.
- Serves as a patient advocate and liaison between the patient and medical team.
- Adheres to national professional social work code of ethics and standards of care as endorsed by the National
Association of Social Work and Association of Oncology Social Work.
- Assesses financial needs of new and established oncology patients related to clinical care, to aid in reducing financial barriers and provide counsel and case management for those requiring services. .
- Educates patients regarding insurance optimization opportunities and educates qualifying patients regarding entitlement programs such as SSI, SSDI, Medicare Savings Program, Low Income Subsidy, and Medicaid.
- Maintain patient financial education materials, collect data, run statistics and monitor productivity.
- Assist with tasks to improve processes to facilitate communications and service between patient, clinic and care giver teams to ensure accurate and timely delivery of all cancer related treatment.
- Not applicable
- In keeping w/ SC LLR requirements for licensure, minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work (BSW) from an accredited school; Masters preferred.
- Current South Carolina Social Work License
- Certified in Oncology Social Work preferred
- Experience with Medicare health plans, COBRA regulations, Medicaid guidelines, FMLA and patient assistance programs preferred.
- ACCC (Association of Community Cancer Centers) Boot Camp (within 1 year of employment)
Florence, SC, United States