Sonographer/Ultrasound Technologist – Maternal Fetal Medicine
Job responsibilities include those listed in competencies document
2. Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-
workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
2. Perform ultrasonic diagnostic procedures in accordance with accepted protocols as directed by physicians.
3. Instruct patients regarding procedures to ensure cooperation and optimum test results.
4. Follow prescribed safety standards in operating equipment.
5. Maintain ultrasound equipment and ensure all equipment is cleaned and sanitized daily.
6. Maintain examination rooms and work areas. Order and stock all ultrasound supplies
7. Work as a team member within the office to assist with patient triage, preauthorization, clerical support back up and
perform other duties as assigned
8. Maintain accurate department records, reports and files as directed.
9. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
10. Document work processes as required.
1. Ability to operate ultrasound equipment.
2. Ability to take vital signs. Ability to maintain quality control standards.
3. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
4. Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, management and peers.
6. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills including the ability to manage interactions with difficult people.
7. Excellent telephone skills.
Greater than 3 years of Maternal Fetal Medicine experience.
Minimum of a High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited school
Completion of an accredited Diagnostic Ultrasound Technology program required.
Physical Requirements: Refer to Occupational Risk Assessme
Florence, SC, United States