Special Procedures Tech for EP Lab (FT) – McLeod Seacoast
Little River, SC
1. Job responsibilities include those listed in competency document.
2. Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
3. Prepares procedure suite for all procedures. Assist with patient transport as assigned.
4. Provide competent assistance to the physician in all procedures with caring for the patient and scrubbing the procedure with the physician.
5. Provide patient teaching and patient safety.
6. Operates physiological monitor and recorder systems. Assist with accurate maintenance of files and records and preparation of patient charges to insure 99% success charge rate.
7. Recognize and report all major cardiac arrhythmias timely to physician and other care providers.
8. Monitor the patient’s electrocardiogram as well as vascular and internal cardiac pressures alerting the physician of significant changes.
9. Adjust calibrations for monitoring equipment as necessary for accurate pressure readings.
10. Operate digital playback at physician’s request and retrieve images from deep archive (LTA).
11. Is responsible for the operation of all equipment in the Cath Lab procedure room, and C-Arms.
12. Perform daily quality control checks on the X-Ray system and supporting equipment to insure proper function of equipment at all times.
13. Display knowledge of X-Ray equipment and operation.
14. Display knowledge of DC defibrillator and able to use the system when appropriate.
15. Load and operate pressure injector as ordered by physician.
16. Obtain hemostasis by holding pressure on the patient groin/arm, control bleeding at surgical site, and deploy hematoma management as needed after the procedure has been completed.
17. Performs calculations of heart functions to include ejection fractions, valve areas, pressure gradients, shunt calculations, etc., to accurately assist with patient’s diagnosis.
18. Cleans and maintains departmental equipment per specific standards.
19. Performs procedural billing activities.
20. Able to operate independently any needed equipment as: cardiac mapping system, ablation generator, recording system, stimulator, ultrasound machine, Cryocath system, irrigation catheter system, and cardiac ECHO machine as needed.
21. Has a basic knowledge on the available brands of device interrogators, and will be able to turn-off implanted devices as needed.
22. Accurately maintains the ICD registry data collection and submission process.
23. All other duties as assigned.
· Registry Technologist with The American Registry of Radiologic Technologist or RCIS
· Certification with South Carolina Radiation Quality Standard Association
· Must possess valid BLS certification
Little River, SC, United States