Specialist for Occupational Health (PRN) – Florence Campus
Job Summary: This job is a combination of clerical and clinical. In the Occupational Health department, clinical and clerical duties overlap and employees are cross trained to work in a variety of clinical and clerical roles. Because patient volume fluctuates, sometimes by the hours, the employee working in this position could be serving in a registration type role in the morning- registering patients, scheduling appointments, assisting with billing/posting charges, setting up companies, pulling medical records, making referral calls etc. and in the afternoon or during high volume serving in a medical assistant type role which may include- performing drug screens, assisting the physician, provider or nurse with vitals, hearing, vision, blood draws or other patient care duties. The employee may work in industry assisting the onsite provider or performing temperature checks, working at health fairs, conducting wellness screenings and other patient related screenings and tests.
Travel may be required to all McLeod facilities and businesses/industries across an 18 county region in South and North Carolina; work hours may sometimes extend before/after normal business hours.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Demonstrates an understanding of all services offered by Occupational Health, serving as a liaison between Occupational Health and industry clients.
- Exhibits the ability to deal with periods of high volume, stress, and demonstrates working knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain and enter accurate patient and company demographic, insurance, and medical information prior to services being performed by medical professionals.
- Demonstrates a full understanding of all aspects of the billing system. Included posting charges before month end, and sending necessary information to the billing department for the monthly direct bill accounts, collecting payments and preparing deposits daily to Business Services for prompt posting.
- Performs medical assistant duties as assigned such as UDS, BATS, Fit Testing, Pulmonary Function, Finger Sticks and other medical assistant testing according to industry and hospital guidelines.
- Use of multiple EMR to document work
Other duties as assigned.
Prefer 2 or more years experience in a physician office, hospital, or other healthcare setting. Will also consider experience in employee health/occupational health/human resources or business office setting; or medical certifications such as medical assistant, nursing assistant, phlebotomy, coding or associates or bachelors degree in lieu of experience.
High school diploma or GED.
Florence, SC, United States