Speech Pathologist (PRN) – McLeod Dillon
- Evaluates patients as assigned based on data compiled through history, observation, and analysis of diagnostic data.
- Develops plan of care most appropriate to the patient’s learning style and therapeutic needs, communicating goals with the patient and/or family members, taking into account psycho-social, cultural and spiritual needs of patients and/or families.
- Provides therapy for a wide variety of expressive and receptive language disorders, cognitive disorders, speech disorders, dysphagia, fluency, literacy, voice, social communication, documenting progress with measurable and functional goals.
- Independently maintains patient records according to hospital policy, completing evaluations, re-evaluations, daily record keeping, charges, and discharge summaries within hospital timelines. Conducts job responsibilities in a productive and efficient manner.
- Contributes to the overall performance of the department through professional development strategies, including, but not limited to: supervision of provisionally licensed clinicians, coordination of graduate students and student internships, competency training, in-service coordination, serving as a mentor in area of clinical expertise, program leader, based on assignment.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in education offerings, independently achieve and maintain CEU’s for ASHA and SC LLR.
- Communicates with physicians and other medical personnel regarding treatment provided, patient’s progress or complications, recommendations, and clarification of orders.
- Zero to one year of related work experience
- Current ASHA certification/Active SC LLR
- Knowledge of all age groups, infant to geriatric, across the lifespan
- PRN (coverage as needed) Monday-Friday, 1st shift
Dillon, SC, United States