Senior Reimbursement Analyst
Assist in the preparation of the Medicare & Medicaid cost reports for all McLeod entities including hospitals, home office, rural health clinics, home health, hospice and other facilities as required.Researching and interpreting regulations for proper compliance; developing and maintaining all documentation required to prepare accurate, timely cost reports that comply with all applicable regulations.Prepare work-papers and identify opportunities to improve cost report accuracy and enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the hospital reimbursement function.Assist with the preparation of the SC annual DSH submission and proper 3rd party reserve reporting.Working with consultants and/or third-party platforms, responsible for the preparation and completion of the Medicare Bad Debt and DSH Log which is an instrumental pass-thru reimbursement component of the Medicare cost report.Working with consultants and/or third-party platforms, responsible for the preparation and completion of the Medicare wage index information which includes wages, wage related costs, contract labor and other purchased services; wage index compilation is an integral element of the annual Medicare IPPS rate setting process.Assist with square footage/site reviews utilizing AerieHub software.Assist with financial compilation and preparation of schedules/analysis required by the annual financial audit.For success in this role it is imperative for this position to build and maintain relationships with revenue cycle key contacts, 3rd party vendors and CMS/MAC representatives. /Responsible for preparing A/R reserve and third party liability balance sheet reconciliations schedules to support balances as it relates to the financial audit.Responds to Medicare and Medicaid cost report audits in a timely manner that is well researched and delivered.Providing assistance to Hospital Administrators and other interested parties, Medicare and Medicaid enrollment/licensing requirements, census data and other pertinent statistics.Responsible for monthly close via the Crowe Revenue Cycle Analytics (RCA) software which includes maintaining rates, hindsights, ZBAs in order to properly prepare reserve calculations for contractual, charity and bad debts.Responsible and knowledgeable with the Lawson general ledger platform for running reports, entering journal entries and monitoring proper account balances.Assist in the preparation of the annual revenue budget which requires a working knowledge of the Kaufman Hall Axiom EPM platform.Assist the Administrator of the McLeod GME program in developing the necessary schedules/reports for the annual filing of the supplemental teaching program requirement.Serve as a resource/trainer for the Reimbursement Analyst.
- Government reimbursement audit experience and/or cost report consulting experience required.
- Experience relating to 3rd party reserves, audit discrepancies, and regulatory filings.
- Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid laws and regulations; experience in cost report preparation, preferably in an acute care teaching environment.
- Knowledgeable in pulling large amounts of data via information systems technology found within revenue cycle and finance.
- Candidate should be savvy at Medicare and Medicaid cost reporting software.
- Experience with Hospital A/R billing platforms such as Invision, Cerner, EPIC and Crowe RCA.
- Experience with the Kaufman Hall Axiom EPM platform utilized for the annual budget.
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge and ability to manage complex data base functionality.
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments with multiple deadlines concurrently.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in finance, accounting or related from an accredited school
Florence, SC, United States