Staff Nurse – 2nd Floor Surgery II (Nights)
Little River, SC
Up To $20,000 Sign on Bonus Available
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Value.
- Assesses needs of the patients as assigned based on data collected through history, observation, physical, examination, and analysis of data
- Provides appropriate nursing interventions, consistent with the Plan of Care and standard of practice, incorporating the physician’s prescribed medical plans of care.
- Conducts hourly rounds utilizing the 4 P’s.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for patients, families, and visitors.
- Utilizes appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff.
- Utilizes standard work in caring for central lines, chest tubes, foley and suprapubic catheters, pressure ulcers, restraints and patients with high risk for falls
- Contributes to the overall performance of the department through precepting and mentoring novice employees.
- Contributes to the department growth and performance through hospital-system initiatives cultivating nursing involved Evidence Based Practices.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in educational offerings.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Understands and recognizes appropriate storage and safety of medications (such as large volume IV’s, saline, medications in pre-packaged kits).
36 bed unit with primarily post surgery patients; general surgery, orthopedic, urology, GI, Stroke, Vascular, Pacemakers, etc
72 hrs biweekly; Nights
An active Registered Nurse license in SC or other compact state
BLS required for all nurses, Advanced Resuscitative Certification appropriate to population if serving in a charge nurse role
Little River, SC, United States