Staff Nurse – Emergency Services (2pm-2am) Loris
Up to $20,000 Sign on Bonus Available!!
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Assesses needs of patients as assigned based on data collected through history, observation, physical examination and analysis of diagnostic data; delegates and coordinates nursing care for patients according to hospital policy.
- Demonstrates knowledge in the administration of medications; the ability to recognize basic and life threatening cardiac arrhythmias, utilizes cardiac monitors with thorough knowledge of defibrillation/cardioversion; Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of multisystem assessment/recognizes abnormalities which require immediate notification of MD
- Demonstrates knowledge of and utilizes standard work for various ED procedures.
- Coordinates effective patient/family teaching/discharge planning involving community agencies as deemed appropriate.
- Follows the policies and procedures of the hospital; demonstrates knowledge of HIPPA and EMTALA; Practices patient confidentiality, and uses complete discretion when discussing patient matters.
- Is accountable for cost-effective quality patient care and assists other personnel in containing cost.
- Contributes to and assists unit personnel in Performance Improvement activities.
- Functions effectively in a wide range of crisis situations and in an atmosphere of stress and tension; handles personal and professional frustrations appropriately.
- Assumes personal responsibility for professional development and continuing education.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion and respect for all patients, families, and visitors. Demonstrates an alert, sensitive, supportive attitude; Responds to coworkers in a helpful manner, is pleasant and tactful.
- Consistently uses time effectively. Demonstrates ability to set priorities and is prompt in completing assigned tasks.
72 hrs biweekly; 2pm-2am
- Active Registered Nursing License in South Carolina or a compact state.
- BLS required for all nurses
Loris, SC, United States