Staff Nurse, Outpatient Surgery, McLeod Heath Loris
UP TO $20,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXPERIENCED NURSES
Part of the McLeod Health system that delivers care from South Carolina’s Midlands to the Coast, McLeod Health Loris – a not-for-profit 50-bed hospital – specializes in general surgery, women’s services, emergency care, critical care, urology, and physical/occupational/speech therapies. We also have a new Dialysis Access Center. McLeod Health Loris’s 120 physicians on active and affiliate medical staff represent more than 32 specialties.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Assesses needs of patients as assigned based on data collected through history, observation, physical examination and analysis of diagnostic data.
- Plans individualized nursing care to meet the holistic age specific needs of patients.
- Provides appropriate nursing interventions, consistent with the Plan of Care and standards of practice, incorporating the Physician’s prescribed medical plans of care using service excellence standards, conducts Hourly Rounds.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for all patients, families and visitors.
- Utilizes appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff.
- Utilizes standard work in caring for central lines, foley catheters, pressure ulcers, ventilators (if applicable to unit), restraints and patients at risk for falls.
- Contributes to the daily efficient performance of the department, as charge nurse when assigned (Advances Resuscitative Certification appropriate to their patient population if serving in a Charge Nurse or PCS position).
- Contributes to the overall performance of the department through the precepting of novice employees.
- Contributes to the department grown and performance through hospital-system initiatives cultivating nursing involved Evidence Based Practices.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in educational offerings.
- A valid SC or Compact State RN license
- BLS certification from American Heart Association or American Red Cross required. Advanced Resuscitative Certification appropriate to their patient population if serving in a Charge Nurse or PCS position.
- Full Time; 80 hours biweekly; Days
Loris, SC, United States