Staff Nurse (PRN) ICU, McLeod Health Loris
Essential Job Responsibilities/Expectations
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Assesses needs of patients as assigned based on data collected through history, observation, physical examination and analysis of diagnostic data; delegates and coordinates nursing care for patients according to hospital policy.
- Demonstrates knowledge in the administration of medications; the ability to recognize basic and life threatening cardiac arrhythmias, and to utilize cardiac monitors with thorough knowledge of defibrillation and cardioversion; Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of multisystem assessment and recognizes abnormalities which require immediate notification of a physician.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and utilizes standard work for various ICU procedures.
- Coordinates effective patient and family teaching, and discharge planning involving community agencies as deemed appropriate.
- Follows the policies and procedures of the hospital; demonstrates knowledge of HIPPA; Practices patient confidentiality, and uses complete discretion when discussing patient matters.
- Is accountable for cost-effective quality patient care and assists other personnel in containing cost.
- Contributes to and assists unit personnel in Performance Improvement activities.
- Functions effectively in a wide range of crisis situations and in an atmosphere of stress and tension; handles personal and professional frustrations appropriately.
- Assumes personal responsibility for professional development and continuing education.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion and respect for all patients, families, and visitors; demonstrates an alert, sensitive and supportive attitude; always responds to coworkers in a helpful manner, is pleasant and tactful.
- Demonstrates a time conscious awareness and consistently strives to use time effectively. Demonstrates an ability to set appropriate priorities and is prompt in completing assigned tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned within scope of practice.
- Active Registered Nursing License in South Carolina or a compact state.
- BLS required for all nurses; Advanced Resuscitative Certification appropriate to their patient population if serving in a Charge Nurse or PCS position.
Loris, SC, United States