Staff Nurse (PRN) Operating Room, McLeod Health Loris
Part of the McLeod Health system that delivers care from South Carolina’s Midlands to the Coast, McLeod Health Loris – a not-for-profit 50-bed hospital – specializes in general surgery, women’s services, emergency care, critical care, urology, and physical/occupational/speech therapies. We also have a new Dialysis Access Center. McLeod Health Loris’s 120 physicians on active and affiliate medical staff represent more than 32 specialties.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Value.
- Assesses needs of the patients as assigned based on data collected through history, observation, physical, examination, and analysis of data
- Provides appropriate nursing interventions, consistent with the Plan of Care and standard of practice, incorporating the physician’s prescribed medical plans of care.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for patients, families, and visitors.
- Utilizes appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff.
- Utilizes standard work in caring for central lines, chest tubes, foley and suprapubic catheters, pressure ulcers, restraints and patients with high risk for falls
- Contributes to the overall performance of the department through precepting and mentoring novice employees.
- Contributes to the department growth and performance through hospital-system initiatives cultivating nursing involved Evidence Based Practices.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in educational offerings.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Understands and recognizes appropriate storage and safety of medications (such as large volume IV’s, saline, medications in pre-packaged kits).
PRN as needed
Minimum 1 year of related nursing experience preferred
An active Registered Nursing License verified by LLR
BLS required for all nurses, Advanced Resuscitative Certification appropriate to population if serving in a charge nurse role
Loris, SC, United States