Staff Nurse (Short Term Staff Builder) – Med/Surg Unit
*PREMIUM PAY and COMPLETION BONUS
RN JOB DESCRIPTION
- Assesses needs of patients as assigned based on data collected through history, observation, physical examination and analysis of diagnostic data.
- Plans individualized nursing care to meet the holistic age specific needs of patients.
- Provides appropriate nursing interventions, consistent with the Plan of Care and standards of practice, incorporating the Physician’s prescribed medical plans of care.
- Utilizes appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff.
- Utilizes standard work in caring for central lines, foley catheters, pressure ulcers, ventilators (if applicable to unit), restraints and patients at risk for falls.
- Contributes to the daily efficient performance of the department, as charge nurse when assigned (Advances Resuscitative Certification appropriate to their patient population if serving in a Charge Nurse or PCS position).
- Contributes to the overall performance of the department through the precepting of novice employees.
- 72 hours per pay period (Full-Time), or 48-71 hours per pay-period (Part-Time) for a commitment of 5, 10, 15, or 20 weeks.
- 1 year of related work experience.
- Must possess a valid SC license-RN, BLS.
- ACLS Certification within 3 months of hire date
- PALS Certification within 6 months of hire date
Short term agreements consist of 5, 10, 15, or 20 week duration and are agreed upon in advance. You must remain a qualified RN who is licensed and eligible to practice in SC. Your commitment will be for either 72 hours a pay period or between 48 and 71 hours per pay-period. You will be eligible for evening, night, weekend and holiday differentials in accordance with McLeod Health Policies and Procedures. You are expected to work the shift schedules assigned by your Director or Supervisor to qualify for the completion bonus.
Dillon, SC, United States