Strategic Business Analyst
Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
Shall demonstrate leadership and commitment with respect to the quality management system by:
- promoting the use of the process approach and risk-based thinking
- engaging, directing and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the quality management system requirements
- promoting improvement
DEVELOP STRATEGIC PROJECT INSIGHTS
Conduct background research and analytics for proposed tactical projects to fulfill the McLeod Health strategic plan.
Provides leadership with the necessary insights to make and execute recommendations aligned with its strategic plan.
Utilizes a variety of tools and inputs to create clear and concise strategic insights to guide system-level strategic decision making.
Gathers and synthesizes information from disparate sources to develop business plans, market analysis and other business-related analysis.
Supports development of highly sensitive and complex projects.
Coordinates with financial planning team to support financial projections through data analysis.
Organizes and manages large and varied data sets in collaboration with data analytic resources across McLeod Health.
Leverages systemwide stores of data to create a multi-faceted approach to data analysis and decision-making
Utilizes healthcare data, such as reimbursement rates, payor mix, volumes, market share, and projections to optimize decision making.
Coordinates with financial planning team to develop analytical models to contribute to business plans, business cases, pro formas, return on investment analyses, etc.
Draws insightful conclusions through the use of qualitative and quantitative analyses.
Writes, depicts, and presents deliverables in a logical, clear, and concise manner for various audiences.
Communicates data conclusions to leadership through presentation, data visualization and detailed reporting.
Inform strategic planning efforts through identification of market, payer, physician, and competitive trends
Continuously improves by monitoring and communicating the performance of strategic projects to compare actual financial performance to initial projections.
All other duties as assigned.
Work schedule: 80 hours bi-weekly
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare management, economics or a quantitative discipline, but will accept five years or more of experience with complex data analytics, in lieu of degree.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to facilitate meetings, foster trust, and work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Must possess a keen, intellectual curiosity
- Must possess critical thinking skills
- Requires the ability to work under/handle stressful situations
- Requires the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Must be self-starter and able to act with limited supervision
- Adept at use of Microsoft Office applications
Licenses and/or Certifications:
- Valid South Carolina driver’s license
Florence, SC, United States