Supervisor- Cardiac Rehabilitation (RN)
- Job responsibilities include those listed in the competency document.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Phases, evaluates and updates policies and procedures annually in coordination with the Director of Rehabilitation
- Develops, supervises and/or provides exercise programs to patients in Phase I, II, III and IV programs.
- Assesses clinical and cardiac/pulmonary status of patients, in conjunction with other appropriate staff, and reviews it with medical Director. Determines contraindications to exercise. Continues to consult with physician throughout exercise program.
- Ensures that the appropriate records of patient status and progress are maintained during Cardiac Rehab Phase I, II, III and IV programs and Pulmonary Rehab programs.
- Possesses knowledge of monitoring equipment and EKG interpretation/Telemetry.
- Conducts annual and orientation evaluations on all staff members.
- Required to provide exercise instruction and education for adult and geriatric in cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation and wellness populations.
- Oversees and manages the departments performance improvement activities in coordination with the Director of Rehabilitation.
- Effectively manages patient crises and emergency situations.
- Responsible for producing statistical and Quality Review reports for the department.
- Contributes to the overall performance of the department through the precepting of novice employees.
- Contributes to the department grown and performance through hospital-system initiatives cultivating nursing involved Evidence Based Practices.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in educational offerings.
- Shall demonstrate leadership and commitment with respect to the quality management system by: a) promoting the use of the process approach and risk-based thinking; b) engaging, directing and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the quality management system requirements; and c) promoting improvement.
All other duties as assigned by Director of Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
- 2 years experience in Cardiac Rehabilitation.
- Must possess a valid SC license- RN, BLS, ACLS
Florence, SC, United States