Support Analyst – Business Services Department
- Under the general supervision of the AVP of Business Services and according to established policies and procedures, responsible for the development and ongoing education/training Revenue Cycle Team, up to and including Cash Posting, Denials Management, Billing and Revenue Cycle. Work is of a highly‑confidential nature. Performs other work of the Department as needed.
- Monitors staff by providing and reporting competency evaluations regarding processes and proper usage of applicable software application and Revenue Cycle system.
- Assists in the development of standards of performance, evaluates productivity, and initiates or makes recommendations for personnel actions as requested by AVP or Directors in Business Services.
- Able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, flexibility and ability to function within the organizational structure. Ability to work effectively as a team member as well as working and planning independently.
- Maintains knowledge of governmental and commercial insurance requirements and edits.
- Understands Cerner usage and functionality as it applies to each area of the Business Services Department and other systems used in the department; capable of training and establishing work flow and manuals for the systems as applicable to each area. Holds regular meetings with each Director to schedule training for monthly session in each area.
- Proficient in Office programs. Performs data analysis on encounters, auditing encounters on regular basis. Prepares an Issue Log Weekly/Monthly to be used for AR Action Plan and information sharing with other departments. Compiles data and prepares data for AVP as needed.
- Acts a liaison between Business Services and Information Systems, providing project management support as needed. More duties such as developing test plans and test scripts, providing analytical expertise to support data for quality improvement, and recommending methods to minimize clinical workloads.
- Maintains and fosters effective public relations with patients, hospital and clinic staff, and the public as well interdepartmentally with Billing, Cash Posting/Customer Service, Denials Management, and Revenue Cycle.
- Provides technical/clerical back-up to staff when indicated by department needs as time and priorities permit when directed by the AVP.
- Previous supervisory and prior Cerner Revenue Cycle “Patient Accounting” training experience.
- Ability to foster and environment that nurtures collaboration, teamwork and mutual respect.
- Analytical ability required to evaluate processes and to recommend improvements.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong commitment to formalized orientation and training of staff on an ongoing basis.
- Minimum of a High School Graduate or Equivalent from an accredited school
- Full-time, 80 hrs bi-weekly
Florence, SC, United States