Surgical Home Patient Navigator- PRN
- Job responsibilities include those listed in competencies document.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Navigators use surgical home resources, ie. Information technology and co-workers to facilitate the appropriate and timely care of the surgical home pt and family.
- Navigators coordinate and guide the patient through surgical home and the perioperative period to include morning of surgery.
- Navigators provide guidance, educational, and emotional support to patients and families before and during surgical stay.
- Serve as liaison to patients, physicians and other interdisciplinary team members to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
- Must have strong communication and listening skills
- Along with excellent phone etiquette with “executive voice” in mind.
- Must be able to cover skills as described in surgical home secretary and surgical intake specialist.
- Must be cross trained within 6 months.
- Patient Navigators help patients “navigate” the maze of clinics, administrative systems and patient support services. Navigators reduce the barriers that keep patients from getting timely treatment by identifying patient needs and directing them to sources of emotional, financial, administrative, or cultural support.
- Demonstrates competency in, but not limited to the following in Pre Admit Testing (refer to McLeod Health Competency Checklist):
- Emergency Management/Protocols
- Customer Service
- Effective Communication
- Order Entry
- Chart Assembly
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Basic Knowledge of Computer Software Skills
- Medical Terminology knowledge
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited school
Florence, SC, United States