Surgical Support Technician – Operating Room (Full-time/Weekends)
Surgical Support Technician – Full Time – Operating Room
1. Job responsibilities include those listed in the competency document.
2. Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values. Keep the Service Excellence statement as first item.
3. Assist in lifting, turning, positioning and preparing patients for surgical procedures, using proper body mechanics
4. Assist in maintaining a clean and safe environment.
5. Work involves inventorying, disassembling, cleaning, reassembling, and maintaining operating room equipment.
6. Ensures the availability and preparedness of OR rooms, supplies and equipment needed to support efficient and effective perioperative processes.
7. Performs anesthesia machine and cart turn over after each case cleaning, replacing and restocking all necessary equipment and supplies prior to each case.
8. Maintains an environment that is clean and free of clutter and takes appropriate action to correct hazards.
9. Monitors outer core and ensures the area is free on non-essential equipment.
10. Performs operating room turnover activities and leaning procedures according to established standards.
11. Uses standard precautions and appropriate personal protective equipment when working around or handling hazardous
substances, including blood and body fluids.
12. Works with nursing staff to locate the necessary equipment needed for procedures
13. Transports non-monitored patients to and from nursing units in a manner conducive to patient safety and comfort.
14. Transports blood and specimens to /from the perioperative area and laboratory
15. Prepares anesthesia related equipment and supplies for readiness of all cases including cleaning, setting up and
16. Determines inventory supplies & hall PAR levels, drug trays and organizes a neat and orderly access for safe anesthesia
17. Assists anesthesia providers with regional positioning and other related clinical functions.
18. Must be flexible, punctual, and be willing to learn the both the surgical and anesthesia environment.
19. Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting.
Job Type: Full time; 80 hours biweekly. Day/Evening with call and weekends as scheduled.
� Past surgical experience is not a must but desirable / Previous experience in a hospital setting
� On-the-job training for maximum of three months (periodic assessment of progress -if applicable)
Florence, SC, United States