Surgical Technologist Certified – Endoscopy (PRN as needed)
1. Job responsibilities include those listed in the competency document.
2. Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-
workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
3. Knowledge of cleaning, preparation, sterilization, storage and use of items specific, but not limited to the Endoscopy
4. Surgical case picking and issuing of sterile goods for, but not limited to the Endoscopy Suite.
5. Sets up tables for endoscopic procedures and assists the physician as needed.
6. Responsible for the storage and safety of medications used on the sterile field.
7. Provides the patient with an aseptic environment for the conditions of surgery. Safe and effective room turnover.
8. Assists in performing therapeutic procedures and treatments and has a working knowledge of the specialty equipment
used in the endoscopic procedure.
9. Assists with specimen collection. Appropriate labeling and handling of specimens as indicated.
10. Uses standard precautions and appropriate personal protective equipment.
11. Utilizes measures to ensure patient and staff safety. Meets or exceeds National Patient Safety Goals.
12. Communicates effectively with patients, families, nurses, physicians and other members of the team.
13. Responsible for cost containment. Inventories, and stocks supply cabinets for next case and/or shift.
14. Pursues growth and development by attending staff meetings.
15. Demonstrates competency in, but not limited to, the following on the Endoscopy Suite (refer to McLeod Health CST
· Assigned Access Control Applications
· Emergency Management
· Infection Control/Precautions
· Endoscopy Pre, Intra, and Post Procedural Patient Care and Discharge
· Time Out
16. Performs all duties as assigned.
Job Type: PRN as needed
Qualifications /Training: Minimum of one year experience in Surgical Services
· Graduate of accredited Surgical Technology Program
· Certification through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA)
Florence, SC, United States