Survey Readiness Clinical Effectiveness Manager, Dillon
- Shall demonstrate leadership and commitment with respect to the quality management system by promoting the use of the process approach and risk-based thinking, engaging, directing and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the quality management system requirements, promoting improvement.
- Provides direct support to hospital departments of the McLeod system to meet accreditation standards.
- Responsible for maintaining current expertise for continuous compliance with the standards and intent of the standards.
- Acts as organizational liaison with the regulatory bodies and assures that all survey requirements/preparations/responses are made within the appropriate time frames.
- Participates as an active member of appropriate committees.
- Performs proactive risk assessments to identify opportunities for improvement
- Functions in collaborative relationship between the AVP of Quality and the AVP of Survey Readiness
- Demonstrates continued growth and development in leadership skills including: delegation, mentoring, fostering professional practices.
- Participate in sustainment of ISO Certification
- Formulates the implementation and education plan of the Quality Improvement initiatives to include education of nurses, staff and physicians, policy changes and equipment needs. Assesses the need for changes and improvements to plan.
- Formulates, implements, and coordinates presentation strategies with physician presenter in conjunction with the AVP of Quality and Safety.
- Performs patient care outcome monitoring to include tracking outcomes from assigned improvement initiatives and dissemination of the outcomes.
- Facilitates the development and management of evidence-based pre-printed and computerized physician orders.
- Participates in the scope of service of Quality and Safety division as it relates to risk management, and quality improvement and activities including improve the process reviews.
- Utilizes a collaborative interdisciplinary approach to conduct root cause analysis of adverse events and development of correction plans.
- Supports the Medical Staff in Quality and Risk Management activities and provides clinical expertise in support of the Risk Manager. Performs all other duties as directed.
- 1 or more years of experience in Quality Improvement and Regulatory Surveys
- 3-5 years clinical experience
- Knowledge and experience in areas of patient care practices, adult education, communication, and program administration
- Valid South Carolina Nursing License-Registered Nurse
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, or healthcare related field from an accredited school. Must obtain Master’s degree within 3 years.
- NIMS 100 within 12 months of date of hire
- Full-time, 80 hours bi-weekly
Dillon, SC, United States