The Travel Agent will assist McLeod employees in arranging their business travel. This position will determine the employee’s needs and preferences, such as finding fares and scheduling information.
- Meets with clients to determine their preferences for travel destinations and accommodations.
- Advises clients on various options for transportation and lodging.
- Prepares cost estimates for travel, lodging, entertainment, and other accommodations.
- Makes travel and lodging arrangements for clients including plane tickets, rental cars, hotels, and other similar accommodations.
- Plans and arranges for clients to attend and participate in attractions such as tours, excursions, day trips, and other similar activities.
- Collects necessary information/approval from clients for travel, lodging, and attraction tickets.
- Advises clients on required travel documents.
- Provides information on destination such as local weather, attractions, and any pre-trip preparations that may be recommended for the destination.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to make travel and event recommendations based on clients interests and personalities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to prepare schedules and itineraries.
- Proficient computer and research skills to book travel, lodging, and tickets to attractions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in tourism, travel, hospitality, business or related field preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Travel Agency experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Florence, SC, United States