Unit Secretary for Medical Surgical (Nights) – McLeod Loris
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Performs receptionist duties in a manner that is customer and patient oriented.
- Organizes the patient records to include: assembly of charts, physician orders, admissions, transfers, and discharge duties.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth to oneself and the department.
- Identifies and communicates appropriate patient data to members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Recognizes potential or real problems as they arise, presents workable solutions, and participates in their implementation as a contributing member of the healthcare team.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for all patients, families, and visitors.
- Respects confidentiality of patient records/facility operations using complete discretion when discussing patient matters
- Completes telemetry checklist each shift to validate availability of boxes.
- Understands and recognizes appropriate storage and safety of medications (such as large volume IV’s, alcohol, saline, medications in prepackaged kits).
72 hrs biweekly; Nights
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Previous medical office experience or medical terminology knowledge preferred.
Loris, SC, United States