Unit Secretary – Orthopedics / Friday / PRN (weekend shifts)
- Job responsibilities include those listed in the competency document.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Recognizes the normal signs (growth and development of aging) of the patient population indicated above and understands the requirements of assessment, treatment, and care of the specific age group(s).
- Performs receptionist duties in a manner that is customer and patient oriented.
- Organizes the patient records to include: assembly of the chart, physician orders, admission and discharge duties.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth to oneself and the department.
- Understands and recognizes appropriate storage and safety of medications such as (large volume IV’s, alcohol, saline, medications in prepackaged kits).
- Utilizes appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff.
- Maintains and organizes inventory of supplies.
- Identifies and communicates appropriate patient data to members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Recognizes potential or real problems as they arise, presents workable solutions, and participates in their implementation as a contributing member of the healthcare team.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion and respect for all patients, families and visitors.
- Demonstrates competency in, but not limited to, the following on the Observation Unit (refer to McLeod Health Organizational Learning Secretary Competency Checklist):
- Assigned Access Control Applications
- Emergency Management
- Infection Control/Precautions
Work Schedule: PRN as needed; night shift 7:00pm to 7:00am; coverage needed on weekends Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday.
Skills Required: Minimum of a High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited school.
Qualifications/Training: Minimum of one year secretarial experience.
Florence, SC, United States