Wound and Ostomy Care Nurse – (PT) McLeod Seacoast
Little River, SC
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Assess ostomy patients in regard to: (a) at-home management of ostomy; (b) knowledge level regarding ostomy care; (c) problems in ostomy management of psychosocial rehabilitation, (d) peristomal skin complications
- Assists physicians as directed to provide wound care
- Assesses patients’ skin identifying areas of breakdown. Identifies high risk areas of breakdown and provides education on skin breakdown prevention to patient.
- Assists staff in maintaining current knowledge and competence in the areas of ostomy care, draining wound management, and skin care.
- Provides appropriate nursing interventions consistent with the treatment plans and providers’ prescribed orders.
- Participates proactively in problem solving initiatives.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for all patients, families, and visitors.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in educational offerings.
- Utilizes appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patients and staff.
- Maintains certification for wound care.
- Demonstrates competency in, but not limited to, the following for Wound Care.
- Assessment and Documentation of pain, lower extremity, and wounds.
- Compression Application
- Ostomy Care
- Utilizing Infection Control Precautions
- Vital Signs
- Caring for patients with, but not limited to, the following unit specific tasks, needs and/or conditions: Acute and chronic wound care and management, dressing changes, Wound Vacs (negative pressure wound therapy) and Wound education.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
40 hours biweekly; days
- Wound and Ostomy Exp preferred
- Must possess a valid SC license – RN, BLS; Wound Care Certification preferred
Little River, SC, United States