Billing Account Representative
- Billing Account Representatives (herein referred to as BAR) are responsible for improving process and resolving issues related to the follow-up and collection of medical accounts for McLeod, including institutional and professional encounters. The BAR will review all notes and take appropriate actions to work and resolve each encounter in their work flow and otherwise given by Management. The BAR must have strong interpersonal skills to work with their TEAM and various payors to resolve account issues.
- BARs work in a fast-paced environment and multitask on a variety of items. They are responsible for completing a minimum daily work standard set by McLeod of 50 encounters per day (subject to change as National averages change) as well as processing adjustments, working related correspondence and addressing patient requests. They must possess analytical skills. They will use a multitude of communication and resolution methods, up to and including phone, e-mail, internet and regular mail.
- BAR must be able to explain payor items such as interpretation of payment remittances, professional charge processing and in and out of network benefits. Must be able to define and understand different payor reimbursement methodology.
- BAR should pursue all avenues for reimbursement until claims are satisfactorily worked to a conclusion.
- BAR will adhere to all Corporate Compliance and HIPAA standards.
- BAR is expected to attend departmental TEAM meetings. BAR is expected to communicate ongoing training needs to Supervisor as needed during and after initial Evaluation period. BAR should be highly motivated and perform with minimal supervision.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Management.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED) required
- Knowledge of Medical terminology
- Computer knowledge required along with Excel knowledge
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- CPC, CRCR, medical billing certifications desired.
Florence, SC, United States