Certified Nursing Assistant, NIGHTS, Med Surg Unit, Cheraw
- Initiates and maintains the hygiene/ cleanliness of the patients, the patient’s environment, and the unit environment.
- Understands and recognizes appropriate storage and safety of medications (such as large volume IV’s, alcohol, saline, medications in prepackaged kits).
- Using Service Excellence Standards conducts Hourly Rounds.
- Promotes and fosters an environment of comfort and safety for patients and visitors.
- Performs or assists with performing nutritional/ hydration interventions (feeding, providing fluids, H20 or snacks).
- Identifies and communicates appropriate patient data to members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Collects and records patient related data through the performance of direct care tasks.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in Evidence Based tasks.
- Utilizes appropriate health and safety to protect both the patient and staff.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion and respect for all patients, families and visitors.
- Performs general transportation and courier duties as directed.
- Successful completion of a nursing assistant program or 1+ years of experience in a clinical setting. HS diploma preferred/Equivalent from an accredited school or successful completion of WIN Testing or completion of McLeod approved Transition to Work Program
- Must have State CNA Certification.
- Full-time, 72 hours bi-weekly (nights)
Cheraw, SC, United States