Clinical Staff Pharmacist – PRN
Essential Job Responsibilities/Expectations
1. Job responsibilities include those listed in competency document.
2. Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-
workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
3. Exhibits and conveys the message of the Service Excellence Standards, Value of Caring, Value of the Person, Value of
Quality, and the Value of Integrity in every interaction.
4. Accurately interprets and enters medication orders in the computer for drug administration.
5. Ensures that medications are dispensed and delivered promptly.
6. Correctly checks medications including IVs, carts and kits before dispensing from the pharmacy.
7. Serves as a drug information resource for members of the health care team.
8. Help promote safe and effective use of all automated medication dispensing and packaging systems, any applicable
infusion pump technologies, remote temperature monitoring systems, eMAR and all other hospital pharmacy
9. Knows and follows both hospital and pharmacy policies and procedures, medication related policies and procedures
located online in the patient care manual.
10. Contacts the provider in a timely manner when there is a concern about a medication order related to a drug interaction,
allergy, drug disease state interaction, issue with med reconciliation or other CPOE orders, and other circumstances as
11. Ensures proper charging and crediting of medications
12. Knows and follows state and federal laws regarding dispensing of medications.
13. Knows and follows regulatory standards and policies related to all governing bodies .
14. Clinical Staff Pharmacists work as a team with a positive attitude when interacting with other department employees
including pharmacy students and residents in addition to other hospital personnel.
15. Should be knowledgeable in medications and exhibit the clinical and professional skills to positively interact with
physician, nurse, and other health care practitioners in hospital formulary issues, in-services, rounds, etc.
16. Provides supervision and direction to pharmacy technicians to ensure timely and accurate pharmacy services.
17. Assists in the training and education of pharmacy residents, pharmacy students and pharmacy technician students.
18. Handles and resolves customer issues, complaints and questions to build customer trust and loyalty.
· Ability to work independently
· Minimum of a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited school of pharmacy
· Current, unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in the state of South Carolina
Physical Requirements: Refer to Occupational Risk Assessment
Florence, SC, United States