Little River, SC
The staff nurse anesthetist reports to the Director of Anesthesia and the Medical Director of the O.R. Supervises Anesthesia Technicians and support staff when anesthesia needs are present. Works closely with all O.R. personnel to endure adequate patient outcomes during and after surgery. Must be able to communicate well with all Surgical Staff as well as Medical Center Staff.
Work Schedule Full-time (80 hours biweekly).
1. Job responsibilities include those listed in competency document.
2. Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and coworkers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
3. Administers general, regional and monitored anesthesia care for any scheduled, urgent and emergent surgeries.
4. Visits patients prior to surgery to obtain pre-operative patient history.
5. Explains anesthesia plans, anesthesia care team and visits patients post operatively.
6. Maximizes quality of patient care using current techniques, use of new agent, drugs and equipment.
7. Share services provided by the CRNA staff anesthetists to provide continuous anesthesia related services 24 hours a day.
8. Provides instruction and education for affiliating student nurse anesthetist to utilize basic knowledge and application of top-quality patient care.
9. Effectively manages patient’s care after surgical procedure to ensure safety in transit to post-operative care unit or other critical care unit as deemed appropriate by anesthesia/surgeon team.
10. Responds to calls within the Medical Center for patient care relative to airway maintenance and life support procedures.
11. Demonstrates professionalism and integrity within the Anesthesia department.
Skills Required Must be a graduate from an approved school of Nursing & hold a current SC license as a registered nurse; a graduate from an approved Nurse Anesthesia program accredited by the AANA Council on Accreditation; must have successfully completed the certification examination administered by the AANA Council on Certification; must comply with the criteria for biennial recertification as defined by the AANA Council of Recertification; hold current SC official recognition as a CRNA.
Experience Required Candidates must be able to perform all areas of anesthesia and be willing to work with anesthesiologists on a variety of cases. New grads will be considered if graduated from and accredited school of Nurse Anesthesia.
Little River, SC, United States