CT Technologist (PRN) – Clarendon
- Verifies patient by identification band and verbal response comparing two identifiers with the requisition and chart.
- Ensures correct procedure is done by checking chart or prescription for correct exam order, calls for order clarification as needed and documents order clarification correctly.
- Treats patient and procedure in accordance with the MHC Confidentiality policy.
- Completes annual training and demonstrates age-specific care thereby meeting the needs of patient population served.
- Greets and assists patient with appropriate attire for procedure, thoroughly explains procedure, length, and expectations along with desired results.
- Expresses sincere concern for patient’s well-being by conveying the feeling that they are the reason we are here and to reduce the patient’s anxiety.
- Selects and utilizes appropriate protocol and or technical factors for procedure based on patient age, body habitus, pathology, and body part.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of imaging equipment and any other equipment needed to perform procedure appropriately, which will be listed on the CT skills check list.
- Maintains attentiveness to equipment and patient during procedure.
- Maintains acceptable completion time based on the complexity of the procedure and or condition of the patient thereby demonstrating good utilization of time through productivity.
- Completes documentation of in EMR for billing purposes and patient chart to include writing in the progress notes.
- Verifies that all images obtained have crossed over successfully into Pacs and are of high quality prior to forwarding to the Radiologist for interpretation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- IV Initiation Training
- Must be CT certified or certified within 12 months of hire. Grandfathered staff must be certified within 12 months of effective date of position transfer.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in a Radiology Technologist Program from an accredited school
- Certification with South Carolina Radiation Quality Standards (SCRQSA) (Radiology Technologist and CT) (ARRT) American Registry of Radiologic Technologist
- BLS certification
Manning, SC, United States