Employee Assistance Program Counselor
McLeod Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a hybrid behavioral health resource offered to employees and their immediate family members to serve the internal customers of McLeod but also to our external customers (industries/businesses) that have contracted our services to be offered to their staff.
To be successful in this role, the person needs to possess genuine desire to help all people from all ages, cultures, and backgrounds presenting with varied issues ranging from low to high risk levels. This position also requires the use of an evidence based clinical skillset to engage and assist in the treatment/planning/ and referral management sought to be needed of each case.
- The ideal candidate for this position has a Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or related field required.
- EAP experience and licensure (LPC, LMFT, LISW, LMSW, PhD/PsyD, EdD) preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an outpatient clinical setting
- Experience in conducting Psycho-Social Skills Development training preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite knowledge required
- Provide assessments/crisis intervention/short-term treatment/referral services to employees and/or family members in a timely manner.
- Serve in a gatekeeper function authorizing inpatient/outpatient behavioral health services for the McLeod Health enhanced behavioral health benefit.
- Provides organizational consultation in areas of behavioral risk management.
- Supports employee awareness efforts throughout the organization including external business contracts.
- Provide supervisor training and consultation for dealing with troubled employees.
- Provide wellness/prevention services and training to employees, supervisors, management and/or units as requested.
- Provide leadership and resources to support financial wellness in the workplace.
- Maintains professional certifications and licensure.
- Maintain timely/accurate client data entry and documentation.
- Works cooperatively with the Employee Assistance Manager in accepting responsibilities as assigned.
Florence, SC, United States