Echocardiography Sonographer – Registered – Full Time
1.Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values. 2.Able set up rooms for adult and pediatric scanning 3.Assist Echocardiography Sonographer II and physician with transesophageal echocardiograms. 4.Assist Echocardiography Sonographer II with reports and paper flow. 5.Progressive training will include student sonographer becoming proficient in scanning adult and pediatric echocardiograms without supervision. 6.Weekend rotation is required 7.Maintains the storage and safety of medications – identify those items stored in the supply room that are considered medications (large volume IV’s, alcohol, saline, medications in prepackaged kits.) Understands the importance of securing all medications under lock and key. Demonstrates appropriate handling and storage of medication. 8.Works to maintain satisfactory working relationships with Echo medical and technical director, physicians, ancillary departments, visitors, patients, and patient’s family members. 9.Seeks opportunities to promote the vision, goals and values of McLeod Health 10.All other duties and assignments as directed by leadership.
4 10 – hr shifts a week/ 80 hrs PP with Rotating weekends and call is required.
· Not applicable
· Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited school
· Ultrasound school completion with registry.
· Must document at least 15 hours of echocardiography-related CME over a period of three years.
· Credentialed in echocardiography and registered in one of the following areas:
· Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) from American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography
· Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) or Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS) from
Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI).
· Canadian Registered Cardiac Sonographer (CRCS) Canadian Association of Registered Diagnostic Ultrasound
· Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
Physical Requirements: Refer to Occupational Risk Assessment
Florence, SC, United States