Group Fitness and Water Instructor, McLeod Health & Fitness Center
- Provides a quality class by: beginning and ending on time, preparing class in advance, offering classes which are in accordance with the policies of the center and the design of the class, and having music cued prior to class.
- Choreography is creative, motivating, ever-changing, modifiable, multi-directional, and taught on the phrase of the music.
- Teaches without the use of notes at the front of the classroom. Knows his/her routine.
- Utilized both visual and auditory cues.
- Provides the appropriate format for the class being offered: shows intensity and safety modifications throughout class.
- Accurately instructs participants on safe and proper form; makes corrections professionally and provides positive feedback.
- Maintains thorough, accurate, and current attendance records.
- Is knowledgeable of MHFC programs and promotes them whenever appropriate.
- Maintains a professional image by following dress code at all times.
- Acts in a professional manner with members, guests and staff at all times.
- Exhibits good listening skill when member, guest or staff issues arise, and problem solves professionally. Defers to Group Fitness Manager if issues need further arbitration.
- Maintains a neat, clean and orderly exercise environment. Returns all equipment to proper storage area.
- Brings Group Fitness Manager any questions regarding clients special needs or desires.
- Uses appropriate resources to refer when needed. Does not offer advice outside area of own expertise.
- Is able and willing to teach all formats.
- Is a role model of health and fitness.
- Maintains Aerobics Certification from an organization recognized by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) or the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
- Ensures all policies and procedures of the department and the Center are being followed by members, guests, Group Fitness staff and self.
- Attends CPR practice sessions.
- Circulates about the classroom to identify any safety concerns.
- Attends and actively participates in staff training as scheduled.
- Monitors clients at all times; utilizes RPE or target heart rate to monitor participants’ intensity.
- Reports all incidences or injuries using the proper forms and submits to the Manager on Duty, Group Fitness Manager or Director of Fitness Services.
- Attends and actively participates in staff meetings as scheduled.
- Clocks in and out using timekeeping system and logs in and out in the Group Fitness notebooks for effective and accurate documentation of classes taught hours worked.
- Promotes entire class schedule and other instructors to participants and encourages students to cross train.
- Interacts with other staff members in a positive, professional manner. Smiles.
- Contributes new ideas and suggestions. Takes initiative.
- Assists the Group Fitness Manager with the distribution of class surveys.
- Ensures proper coverage of classes by completing the appropriate substitution forms in the case of illness, injury, or vacation.
- Assists with teaching additional classes when necessary.
- Participants in department and Center events.
- Makes class announcements as requested.
- General computer keyboard typing skills preferred. Must possess competent knowledge of exercise principles, health risks, and fitness program design. Excellent communication, motivational, coaching, and organizational skills required.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED from an accredited school required.
- Aerobics Certification from an organization recognized by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) or the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) required with in 6 months of hire.
- Current CPR/AED certifications required with in 1st 30 days.
- Water Instructor
- PRN (coverage as needed)
Florence, SC, United States