Licensed Practical Nurse (PRN)
Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Assists in the delivery of patient care by performing tasks as delegated by physicians to facilitate high quality, team-based, patient-centered care
- Performs tasks within appropriate, physician-approved scope of practice as requested by RN team lead, Nurse Manager, or Department Director
- Responsible for patient intake
- Greets patients and families in a cheerful and pleasant manner to alleviate stress and tension
- Collects vital signs
- Completes medication reconciliation protocol
- Obtains patient history as directed by physician
- Records intake information in electronic medical record
- Prepares patients for examination and assists physician during exam as requested
- Prepares for outpatient procedures and assists physician with procedures as directed
- Contributes to patient’s electronic medical record by documenting information collected from patient, physician, or other members of the care team accurately and concisely
- Obtains and communicates information necessary to assist the care team with coordinating patient care and facilitating safe, effective transitions of care
- Assists care team in pre-work, preparing appropriately for future patient appointments
- Participates in team huddles and care planning activities
- Relays messages and communicates physician orders verbatim
- Maintains clean, organized environment of care. Ensures exam rooms, procedure rooms, and shared clinical spaces are properly stocked at all times.
- Performs actions necessary to ensure timely, efficient exam room turnover and patient flow
- Assists care team with paperwork as directed
- Administers medications (oral, intramuscular, intradermal, and subcutaneous injections, including immunizations/vaccinations) as directed by physician or per explicit written physician protocols
- Conducts non-triage patient care/communication as directed by physician or following physician-approved protocols and decision trees
- Explains treatment/procedures to patients
- Instructs patients about medication, special diets, and other necessary patient education items
- Telephones patient prescriptions/refills to pharmacy as ordered by physician or according to physicians approved written protocol.
High school diploma or GED equivalent. Certification from accredited LPN Program preferred. Prefer one-year experience in a physician’s office or other clinical setting.
Florence, SC, United States