Medical Assistant – McLeod Orthopaedics Clarendon
1.Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
2. Pre-Op Visit/Established follow up/Hospital follow up/New Patient appointments– Assembles and assists in the preparation of clinical documentation in advance. Obtain all records related to this follow up i.e. hospital records, prior specialist records and testing, etc.
3. Triaging: Entering/updating all medications; take vitals: BP/HR/Height/Weight; Perform EKG protocol; Clean/disinfect exam room(s) after each patient, keep rooms fully stocked; prep patient for proper exam;
4. Support nursing staff in handling key clinical duties
5. Quality Improvement – Actively participates in the care team and cross functional team quality improvement process
6.Incoming/Outgoing referrals – Assist in getting patients scheduled appropriately and timely
7. Dispose of biohazard/needle boxes in dedicated area in the office
Qualifications /Training: Not Applicable
Minimum of a High School Diploma from an accredited school.
Must have valid certification from accredited Medical Assistant Program.
Manning, SC, United States