Nurse Educator, McLeod Health Clinical Education
Essential Job Responsibilities/Expectations
- Job responsibilities include those listed in competencies document.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Collaborates with other Nurse Educators to ensure high quality, evidence-based programs are being implemented.
- Facilitates licensed Nursing Orientation for critical care areas, providing an appropriate learning environment for new hires.
- Serves as a primary resource for new graduates and transfers for clinical competency.
- Documents competencies for new hires and transfers attending Nursing Orientation in the McLeod Health LMS.
- Collaborates with Talent Management to schedule orientation and Skills Validation for new hires and transfer employees.
- Will work a minimum 1 shift per month at the bedside.
- Creates and completes classes, including attendance, in the McLeod Health LMS.
- Participates in Performance Improvement initiatives in the department.
- Participates with the McLeod Health Training Center for specialty certifications as needed; instructing classes, mentoring other instructors, serving as a resource for students.
- Provides and maintains a safe work environment.
- Facilitate clinical classes for novice and experienced clinical staff, including, but not limited to, Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Publisher, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Collaborates with various departments and committees to promote high quality, evidence-based patient care.
- Minimum 10 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Leadership experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Currently licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of South Carolina by the South Carolina Board of Nursing.
- BLS Provider and Instructor required within one year of hire.
- ACLS Provider and Instructor required within one year of hire.
- PALS Provider and Instructor required within one year of hire.
Florence, SC, United States