Outpatient Surgery Coder
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Maintains credentials with AHIMA or AAPC is required.
- Possess outpatient coding knowledge and experience necessary to accurately assign ICD-10-CM codes for principal diagnosis and all applicable secondary diagnoses on all Day Surgery and Endoscopy encounters.
- Possess outpatient coding knowledge and experience necessary to accurately assign CPT procedure codes for principal procedure and all applicable secondary procedures on all Day Surgery and Endoscopy encounters, when applicable, to arrive at the most appropriate APC assignment
- Codes Day Surgery and Endoscopy encounters at all McLeod Health facilities.
- Maintains department specific productivity standards with a 95% accuracy rate.
- Understands and appropriately assigns all applicable modifiers to CPT procedure codes and ancillary charges required to prevent billing edits.
- Queries physicians appropriately when documentation is not clear in the medical record.
- Keeps abreast of all new coding developments by attending any coding classes, reading articles on coding updates, and attending seminars when available.
- Respects patient confidentiality at all times.
- Performs other backup duties as assigned.
1 to 2 years of Hospital Day Surgery and Endoscopy coding in Medical Records
Licenses and/or Certifications:
High School Diploma required, AHIMA or AAPC maintained credential required.
Florence, SC, United States