- Under close supervision, conducts specimen collection, inoculation of media and streaking of plates for microbiology specimens, storage and/or transport of specimens, using correct techniques, anticoagulants and protocol while adhering to Service Excellence standards of Courtesy, Privacy, Respect, Dignity and Responsiveness/Customer Waiting.
- Organize and perform routine and repetitive clinical tests in one or more sections of the hospital laboratory, and report test results using the Laboratory Information System.
- Performs a variety of housekeeping tasks involved in maintaining the laboratory in a clean, orderly, and safe condition.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties in the laboratory office.
- Follow all safety procedures and protocols.
- Perform routine monitor of temperatures for refrigerators, freezers and microbiology incubator.
- Train and document proficiency of assigned employees/students as directed by supervisor.
- Receive incoming phone calls, document incoming request for blood to be drawn and follow through on collection as outlined in SES, Telephone Communication, Personal Ownership, and Service Recovery.
- Assist in maintaining supplies.
- Coordinate daily technical activities and assures specimens are collected accurately and in a timely manner by reviewing uncollected lists and pending logs.
- Not applicable
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited school
- Phlebotomy Certificate
- Full-time, 72 hrs bi-weekly; 3rd shift
Dillon, SC, United States