Physical Therapy Assistant (FT Outpatient) – Clarendon
- Provides physical therapy treatment under the direction of a licensed physical therapist. Adheres to standards of physical medicine practice.
- Ability to observe and evaluate treatment effect, discusses observations with staff Physical Therapist.
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of function or participation in rehabilitation – makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
- Ability to perform components of an appropriate assessment on all patients as related to the therapy requested and provide and reassessments as per policy. This includes pediatric, adolescent, geriatric patients and the general patient population.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Assists with formulation of a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and assesses effectiveness of learning, family is included in teaching as appropriate, staff Physical Therapist is apprised of conclusions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of physical therapy modalities.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly. Maintains department cleanliness and safety.
- Interacts professional with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians, hospital staff and members of the department.
- Coordinate and assists with directing patient care to ensure patient’s needs are met and hospital policy is followed.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities.
- Must possess a valid SC License- Physical Therapy Assistant
- BLS Certification
- Full-time, 80 hours bi-weekly
Manning, SC, United States