Radiology Vascular Technician (PRN) – Clarendon
- Verifies patient by identification band and verbal response comparing two identifiers with the requisition and chart.
- Ensures correct procedure is done by checking chart or prescription for correct exam order, calls for order clarification as needed and documents order clarification correctly.
- Greets and assists patient with appropriate attire for procedure, thoroughly explains procedure, length, and expectations along with desired results.
- Selects and utilizes appropriate technical factors for procedure based on body habitus, pathology, and body part while consistently positioning patient properly during procedure.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of imaging equipment being used, which will be listed on the Vascular Skills Checklist.
- Maintains attentiveness to equipment and patient during procedure.
- Maintains acceptable completion time based on the complexity of the procedure and or condition of the patient thereby demonstrating good utilization of time through productivity.
- Completes documentation in EMR for billing purposes and patients chart to include writing in the progress notes.
- Verifies that all images obtained have crossed over successfully into Pacs and are of high quality prior to forwarding to the Radiologists for interpretation.
- Upon successful completion of initial orientation and training, technologist must be able to perform all Vascular exams in accordance with hospital protocols and policies without assistance.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology with on the job training in Vascular and or Diagnostic Ultrasound
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Ultrasound Imaging Program
- Registered Vascular Sonographer (RVT) with ARDMS (American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographer or RT(VS) Registered Vascular Sonographer from ARRT
- BLS certification
Manning, SC, United States