Registered Dietitian (Full-Time)
Come join our Registered Dietitian Team in Sunny South Carolina!
Florence, South Carolina offers a growing community, artsy environment, thriving downtown and monthly community events.
- Florence is halfway between Washington, D.C., and Orlando, Florida. Florence is also the halfway point between New York City and Miami, Florida. Florence is located just an hour or so from Myrtle Beach and two hours from Charleston, is about 2 hours from Charlotte, NC and a day trip away from Asheville, NC and Savannah, GA. Need to catch a flight somewhere? No problem, Florence makes it easy with an airport right here in our city.
- Florence has a southern flavor that’s second to none. With more than 300 restaurants, mainly locally owned, there’s tons of this southern flavor to choose from such as fresh caught catfish tacos, zesty pulled pork barbecue, shrimp and grits, and not to mention the made-from-scratch 12-layer cakes.
- There are lots of activities to do outdoors. Florence has a rail-trail system that travels 43.6 miles connecting parks, cultural features, and historical sites along the way. Golf is another local favorite. Be sure to visit our brand-new soccer and tennis complex. We recently just finished Carolina Bank Field, a brand-new baseball facility for the semi-pro Florence Flamingos. Florence offers health & fitness centers, including the McLeod Health and Fitness center. Want to be immersed in nature? Check! Florence is located near many state parks and national parks within in South Carolina.
- In addition to outdoor activities, the Florence Community offers many opportunities for networking and meeting others. Florence after Five, Young Professionals of Florence, local farmers markets, local arts/cultural events that take place throughout the year including those through the Performing Arts Center happen right here in our community.
Job responsibilities include those listed in competency document.
1. Job responsibilities include those listed in competency document.
2. Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
3. Provide clinical nutrition services in the form of nutrition assessments, education, and medical nutrition therapy for all ages for patients at McLeod Health. May conduct nutrition therapy/nutritional assessments to patients at various McLeod campuses. Provide on-going nutrition therapy by collaborating with other disciplines on the health care team to coordinate medical nutrition therapy needs. Participate in multidisciplinary rounds. Contribute to hospital quality improvement initiatives. Occasional travel may be necessary as deemed appropriate. Provide medical nutrition therapy for patients and groups in the community to prevent disease and to promote the health and well-being of McLeod Health patients.
4. Must have a clean, neat appearance and friendly attitude. Professional dress, lab coats required.
Six months to one year’s working experience in healthcare facility.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition or related area and completion of a dietetic internship program from an ADA/ACEND- approved Dietetic Education Program. Licensure with the South Caroline Panel for Dietetics required.
Physical Requirements: Refer to Occupational Risk Assessment
Sign-On Bonus of $10,000 and relocation opportunities offered for qualified clinical nutritional services professionals.
Interested in learning more? Our recruiter would love to tell you more and coordinate a campus tour to meet the McLeod Health team!
Florence, SC, United States