Registered Dietitian (Full-Time)
Come join our Registered Dietitian Team in Sunny South Carolina!
Florence, South Carolina offers a growing community, artsy environment, thriving downtown and monthly community events.
- Florence is halfway between Washington, D.C., and Orlando, Florida. Florence is also the halfway point between New York City and Miami, Florida. Florence is located just an hour or so from Myrtle Beach and two hours from Charleston, is about 2 hours from Charlotte, NC and a day trip away from Asheville, NC and Savannah, GA. Need to catch a flight somewhere? No problem, Florence makes it easy with an airport right here in our city.
- Florence has a southern flavor that’s second to none. With more than 300 restaurants, mainly locally owned, there’s tons of this southern flavor to choose from such as fresh caught catfish tacos, zesty pulled pork barbecue, shrimp and grits, and not to mention the made-from-scratch 12-layer cakes.
- There are lots of activities to do outdoors. Florence has a rail-trail system that travels 43.6 miles connecting parks, cultural features, and historical sites along the way. Golf is another local favorite. Be sure to visit our brand-new soccer and tennis complex. We recently just finished Carolina Bank Field, a brand-new baseball facility for the semi-pro Florence Flamingos. Florence offers health & fitness centers, including the McLeod Health and Fitness center. Want to be immersed in nature? Check! Florence is located near many state parks and national parks within in South Carolina.
- In addition to outdoor activities, the Florence Community offers many opportunities for networking and meeting others. Florence after Five, Young Professionals of Florence, local farmers markets, local arts/cultural events that take place throughout the year including those through the Performing Arts Center happen right here in our community.
1. Job responsibilities include those listed in competency document.
2. Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
3. Provide clinical nutrition services in the form of nutrition assessments, education, and medical nutrition therapy for all ages for patients at McLeod Health hospitals. May conduct nutrition therapy/nutritional assessments to patients at various McLeod campuses. Provide on-going nutrition therapy by collaborating with other disciplines on the health care team to coordinate medical nutrition therapy needs. Participate in multidisciplinary rounds. Contribute to hospital quality improvement initiatives. Occasional travel may be necessary as deemed appropriate. Provide medical nutrition therapy for patients and groups in the community to prevent disease and to promote the health and well-being of McLeod Health patients.
4. Must have a clean, neat appearance and friendly attitude. Professional dress, lab coats required.
About Your Team:
We are a team of clinical dietitians who primarily cover our large acute-care medical center, McLeod Regional Medical Center (Florence campus). The 517-bed McLeod Regional Medical Center anchors our system providing a vast array of specialized services in Heart and Vascular, Cancer, Surgery, Orthopedics, Women’s and Children’s and many others. McLeod constantly seeks to improve patient care with efforts that are physician led, data-driven and evidence-based. We embrace our values of Caring, Person, Quality and Integrity in our care of patients and strive to be the region’s choice for medical excellence, aiming to improve the health and well-being of those in our community. Our team also provides care to our sister hospitals in addition to our cardiac rehabilitation units. We manage enteral nutrition for our patients, work closely with our Pharmacy team to meet the needs of patients on parenteral nutrition and provide comprehensive nutritional assessments for all patients deemed necessary. We work closely with other departments through interdisciplinary rounds. We are looking for someone to join our enthusiastic team of dietitians who can work closely with a team to provide excellent nutritional care for our patients. As part of our team, you will have many opportunities to grow in your practice as a dietitian, including to name a few, perform the nutrition focused physical exam, care for patients in all specializations and utilize various modalities including telehealth to care for patients. You will have the opportunity to precept dietetic interns, undergraduate students, and high school students. We offer growth opportunities for dietitians in our department along with professional development opportunities through our organization.
Six months to one year’s working experience in healthcare facility (internships qualify!).
Work Schedule: Full Time, 80 hours biweekly. This position will require weekend and holiday rotation.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition or related area and completion of a dietetic internship program from an ADA/ACEND- approved Dietetic Education Program. Licensure with the South Carolina Panel for Dietetics required.
Physical Requirements: Refer to Occupational Risk Assessment
Relocation assistance offered for qualified clinical nutritional services professionals!
Interested in learning more? Our recruiter would love to tell you more and coordinate a campus tour to meet the McLeod Health team!
Florence, SC, United States