Registered Dietitian-Pediatric Endocrinology
- Job responsibilities include those listed in competency document.
- Must have clean, neat appearance and friendly attitude. Professional dress, lab coats required.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and coworkers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Provide clinical nutritional services in the form of nutrition assessments, education, and medical nutrition therapy for all ages for patients at McLeod Health. Provide on-going nutrition therapy by collaborating with other disciplines on the health care team to coordinate medical nutrition therapy needs. Provide medical nutrition therapy for patients and groups in the community to prevent disease and to promote the health and well-being of McLeod Health patients.
- Administer education plans through grant writing to gain financial support to implement programs and education based opportunities focused on changing a nutrition-related behavior to support the health status for an individual, target group, or the community at large.
- Monitors and evaluates patient outcomes ever one to six months to determine the progress made in achieving desired outcomes of nutrition care and whether to continue interventions or revise in collaboration with other health care team members.
- Coordinates outpatient nutrition patient education activities, including creating, reviewing and revising patient handouts
Must demonstrate competency in techniques of Nutrition Focused Physical Exams (NFPE) prior to conducting the NFPE independently. Six months to one year’s working experience in healthcare facility.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition or related area and completion of a dietetic internship program from an ADA/ACEND-approved Dietetic Education Program. Licensure with the South Carolina Panel for Dietetics required.
Physical Requirements: Refer to Occupational Risk Assessment:
Florence, SC, United States