Respiratory Therapist (PRN)
- Performs direct patient care and the provision of Respiratory Care and Hyperbaric Medicine (for those special trained) procedures in all areas within the facility.
- Performs all procedures according to policy & procedure. Organizes workload to ensure therapy is completed as proscribed.
- Participates in all aspects of RC educational activities & departmental meetings.
- Documents & maintains records, charts and reports in a timely manner & documents appropriately.
- Responds to all Medical Alerts in a timely manner & documents appropriately.
- Exercises sound clinical judgement & assessment skills to provide appropriate provision of patient care & monitoring & communication of information to other caregivers.
- Evaluates patient care & makes recommendations when needed.
- Special trained – Performs Pulmonary Functions, EKG, EEG, Holter Monitor.
- Zero to less than 1 year of experience in Respiratory Care
- Participation in the National Board for Respiratory Care’s (NBRC) Continuing Competency Program to maintain credential if received credential after July 1, 2002
- Registered Respiratory Therapist; Certified therapists also encouraged to apply
- Respiratory Care Practitioner by the SC Board of Medical Examiners
- BLS certification
- ACLS certification must be completed within 3 months of hire and/or graduation date for adult care therapists
- Must complete PALS and NRP within 6 months of hire or transfer date
Dillon, SC, United States