Surgical Technologist (Certified): AMBULATORY SURGERY – Full-time
1. Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers
in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
2. Ensures the availability and preparedness of OR rooms, supplies and equipment needed to support efficient and effective
3. Responsible for having sterile instruments, sutures and equipment necessary for the surgical procedure, along with a
working knowledge of each device
4. Assist with positioning and prepping according to the standards of practice and policies and procedures of the
department and the hospital
5. Performs initial instrument, sharps and sponge counts with the circulator and performs additional counts as necessary
6. Assists with draping the patient and establishing the sterile field.
7. Participates in the surgical site and patient verification during the time out procedure.
8 Required to maintain the sterile field to ensure patient/employee safety by maintaining highest standard of sterile
technique during the procedure
9. Prepares and passes off specimen(s) as appropriate.
10. Assist in lifting, turning, positioning and preparing patients for surgical procedures, using proper body mechanics
11. Assist in maintaining a clean and safe environment.
12. Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization.
13. Assists other members of the team with terminal cleaning of room
14. Uses standard precautions and appropriate personal protective equipment when working around or handling hazardous
substances, including blood and body fluids.
15. Demonstrates competency in, but not limited to, the following in the Operating Room (refer to McLeod Health CST
· Assigned Access Control Applications
· Emergency Management
· Infection Control/Precautions
· Operative Pre, Intra, and Post Procedural Patient Care
· Graduate of accredited Surgical Technology Program
· Certification through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA)
Florence, SC, United States