Vascular Ultrasound Technologist – McLeod Vascular Associates
1. Job responsibilities include those listed in competencies document
2. Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and
co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
3. The vascular ultrasound technologist will operate ultrasound equipment to perform the full spectrum of
vascular non-invasive arterial, venous, and physiologic studies.
Peripheral Vascular Lab:Services provided by technologists include Non-Invasive Carotid Studies, Arterial
Duplex Studies, Venous Duplex Studies, Transcranial Doppler Studies, Renal Artery Studies, Arterial
Physiology, and Vein Mapping.
4. The technician will also verify that appropriate regulatory standards are met and there is some diagnostic
administrative responsibilities to maintain ultrasound accreditation.
5. The technician will be responsible for aiding in scheduling of studies as well as assisting physicians in the
creation of ultrasound reports.
Candidate must be familiar with all vascular procedures and a minimum of 1 year of experience
Candidate must be registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or registry eligible
for the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or RVT.
Candidate must be a graduate of at least a 12 month Ultrasound Imaging Program, or graduate of a School of
Radiologic Technology with on the job training in Diagnostic or Vascular Ultrasound. Candidate must complete
and pass RVT or ARDMS exam within 12 months of employment date. Must meet ACR accreditation guidelines
Minimum of a High School Diploma/Equivalent from an accredited school
Florence, SC, United States